Hi, I’m Rebecca Capps.
I help to empower women who feel they aren’t good enough. They have loud inner-critics, people-please, try to be perfect, numb themselves, isolate, and want control.
If this sounds familiar, you may wonder if there really is hope on the other side of your suffering. I believe that regardless of your challenges, you can free yourself from the chains of your suffering. I help my clients to tame their inner-critics, release negative behaviors, and learn how to courageously step into their power so that they can live a life they love.
I’m a licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (MFT) and Wellness Coach who is committed to helping people find hope and move past their suffering. My career began at an intensive outpatient medical center, where I received advanced clinical training for the treatment of eating disorders, addiction, and dual-diagnosis issues. I have extensive experience in facilitating groups for both drug and alcohol issues, as well as women’s empowerment. My career has also involved coaching high-profile clients and providing them with customizable, in-home treatment options.
In my practice, I collaborate with a variety of holistic practitioners to provide quality, comprehensive treatment. As a holistic counselor, I take a whole-person approach. I believe that in order to be authentically happy, one must attend to the health of the mind, body, and spirit. I also draw from evidence-based techniques that I have seen and experienced as being effective to provide you with tangible skills that get results. Contact me if you want to live a more balanced, satisfying, and empowered life.
License, Credentials, & Memberships:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist – License #96691
- MA, Pacifica Graduate Institute, 2013
- BA, University of California Santa Barbara, 2010
- Programs Director for The California Association of Marriage Family Therapists (CAMFT) Board– Santa Barbara
- Member of The Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC)
- Member of The International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals Foundation (IADEP)
- Board Member of the Lois & Walter Capps Project
- Board Member of Creative Democracy
As Featured In: